Help & Support
SHOULD YOU NEED ANY ASSISTANCE?
Kindly contact us
Generate CSR in Windows Server 2012 IIS 8
Step 1: Locate/open Internet Information Service (IIS)
- From the Start screen, click or search for Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager and open it.
- Click on the server name.
- From the center menu, double-click the "Server Certificates" button in the "IIS" section (it is in the middle of the menu).
- Next, from the "Actions" menu (on the right), click on "Create Certificate Request..." This will open the Request Certificate wizard.
- In the "Distinguished Name Properties" window, enter the information as follows:
- Common Name - The name through which the certificate will be accessed (usually the fully-qualified domain name, e.g., www.domain.com or mail.domain.com).
- Organization - The legally registered name of your organization/company.
- Organizational unit - The name of your department within the organization (frequently this entry will be listed as "IT," "Web Security," or is simply left blank).
- City/locality - The city in which your organization is located.
- State/province - The state in which your organization is located.
- Country/region - If needed, you can find your two-digit country code in our list.
- Click Next.
- In the "Cryptographic Service Provider Properties" window, enter the following information and then, click Next:
- Cryptographic service provider - In the drop-down list, select Microsoft RSA SChannel..., unless you have a specific cryptographic provider. Bit length - In the drop-down list, select 2048 (or higher).
- Click the ... box to browse to a location where you want to save the CSR file. If you just enter a filename without browsing to a location, your CSR will end up in C:\Windows\System32.
- Remember the filename that you choose and the location to which you save it. You will need to open this file as a text file and copy the entire body of it (including the Begin and End Certificate Request tags) into the online order process when prompted.
- After you receive your SSL Certificate from Entrust, you can install it using this guide: INSTALL SSL IN WINDOWS SERVER 2012 IIS 8