- 2048-bit Root Key Upgrade
- Replacement of 1024-bit to 2048-bit iVEST Smartcard
- gst announcement
- Digicert Operating Hour During Ramadhan 2016
- We are moving
- Announcement of Company Name Change
- SHA-256 migration advisory
- SSL Certificate Validity 1 Year - Sept 2020
SSL Certificate Validity 1 Year - Sept 2020
Due to changes in Apple and Google Root Store Policies, as of September 1, 2020, newly issued SSL/TLS certificates with a validity period greater than 13 months (397 days) are prohibited by policy and will not be trusted. Therefore, as of August 31, 2020, our SSL partners Entrust and GlobalSign will stop issuing 2-year publicly trusted SSL/TLS certificates.
In summary, as of August 31, 2020:
- Our SSL Partners Entrust and GlobalSign will stop issuing 2-year publicly trusted SSL/TLS certificates
- The maximum validity for all newly issued or reissued publicly trusted SSL/TLS orders will be 13 months (or 397 days) - this includes QWACs (Qualified Website Authentication Certificates)
- When you order a 1 year TLS/SSL Certificate, we will automatically provide customers with the maximum validity of 397 days. This applies to new and renewal orders, to provide maximum validity for our customers' benefit.
Existing 2-year SSL/TLS certificates issued before September 1, 2020 will not be impacted, and will continue to be trusted by the browsers.
- 1. WHEN WILL THIS CHANGE GO INTO EFFECT?
August 31, 2020
- 2. EXISTING 2 YEAR TLS/SSL CERTIFICATES
I have an existing TLS/SSL certificate with a 2-year validity, will it be trusted after September 1, 2020?
Yes, TLS/SSL certificates issued before September 1, 2020 with a validity greater than 397 days will continue to be trusted until they expire.
- 3. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I REISSUE AN EXISTING 2-YEAR TLS/SSL CERTIFICATE AFTER THIS CHANGE GOES INTO EFFECT?
If you reissue a 2-year certificate after September 1, we will be required to limit the validity to 397 days. You can reissue the certificate as needed in the future free of charge to re-claim the original validity time.